Click on the images to enlarge.
The finished machine, with the 2018-style template holder.
The cheap router.
On the right you can see the strips of metal and the bolts I used to connect it securely to the metal rods.
I locked down the on/off switch using some wood and tiewraps.
Also the dust collector is installed; that took quite some fiddling but it does cut down on the clouds of dust the machine produces.
And the big wooden knob at the bottom right is connected to a piece of metal (the vertical part below the dust collector) so I can operate the lockdown switch for changing router bits; otherwise that switch is almost impossible to operate because of the dust collector.
The table and the bottom of the router.
I used some T-track leftovers from my workbench for the table top, which work great as a clamp down system.
On the router you can see some of the bolts I had to add for connecting the metal rods.