Click on the images to enlarge.
Making the guide block holders.
And the finished product.
The almost completed upper blade guide. Not very complex but still quite a lot of work.
I ended up making all the parts out of hardwood; I started out with plywood for the mounting block, but that turned out to be too crappy. I really should find a better supplier than the local Praxis for (ply)wood...
And the completed upper blade guide, with the metal guard, and a temporary table.
I cut the metal guard on the bandsaw, with the finest sawblade and at the lowest speed - and that worked just as perfectly as I had hoped for.